Nymfaio is a mountain village, situated at 1350m elevation in the densely forested Verno Mountains. It is 3 km north of Sklithro, 5 km west of Aetos, 16 km west of Amyntaio and 17 km southeast of Florina.
Nymfaio is home to the Museum of Gold and Silver-smithery, Folklore, and History, which opened in 2000 and is located in a traditional building in the village centre. Furniture, jewellery and silverware are on display, as well as costumes, photographs and other memorabilia.
Arcturos, an environmental centre runs a protection centre for brown bears and wolves in the area.
There are 6 hotels in Nymfaio, as well as an Orthodox Church with an old cemetery dating back to the 18th and 19th century. For the more active, the ‘Vigla Psideriou Skiing Centre;’ is around 40 km (around 1 hr driving) away.
The IPA House Nymfeon is a traditional stone house, in harmony with the architectural style of the area. It has 4 rooms and sleeps 8 people.
- One twin room with a private bath and kitchen
- One double room with private bathroom
- One double room and one twin room with a shared bathroom
- A kitchen as well as a dining room
The House is open throughout the year and additionally has central heating, parking, and a refrigerator in the dining room.
Contact Details & Bookings:
- Manager: Anastasios Pamamichail
- Address: Nymfeon Florina, GR 53073
- Tel: +30 6974773146
- Mobile: +306977096777
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Website : http://www.ipa-gr.org
- Prices: Available on request